Please note this schedule is subject to change.
Note: This schedule or has been changed to list future events first
- Future Events
- February 2017: Newton storage file systems are to be decommissioned sometime in February. Please move all Newton data to ACF or other locations.
- late February 2018: Remaining Newton components (infrastructure, storage, etc) of Newton taken offline and are moved to JICS
- March 21-22: ACF outage to move JICS infrastructure to new location and bring PDU-3 UPS online for storage systems.
- Past Events
January 31, 2018: 9am to noon: ACF Preventative Maintenance to do software fixes and updates.
- January 17, 2018: Medusa file system retired and taken offline. If you need data from Medusa your have 30 days to submit a ticket.
- January 5-6, 2018: ACF outage for facilities upgrade.
- November 18, 2017: ACF /lustre/medusa will be set to read-only. No new files allowed to be created on /lustre/medusa file systems
- November 17, 2017: ACF outage at 5pm due to new boiler water source added to JICS building. System maintenance will be tied in with this outage. Estimated system back online at 5pm Nov 18th
- November 1, 2017: Sigma integration complete into ACF. ACF now consists of Beacon, Monster, Rho, Sigma. A few nodes of Rho and Sigma offline due to incomplete hardware.
- October 25, 2017: Began Sigma integration into ACF
- October 25, 2017: 8am-5pm Scheduled ACF outage due to building chilled water maintenance
- October 23, 2017: Newton /lustre and /gamma file systems configured as read-only. No new files allowed to be created on these file systems
- October 6-9, 2017: Newton offline due to power outage in KPB. Network access to ACF resources at JICS will be affected from campus and most all external locations
- October 4-6, 2017: The Newton Sigma nodes no longer available for user jobs and are taken offline to be moved to JICS
- September 14: Users begin migrating Newton files and ACF Lustre Medusa files to ACF Lustre Haven file system
- September 13, 2017: New Lustre Haven file system scheduled for production use in the ACF at end of day
- September 11, 2017: Rho nodes integrated into ACF
- August 14, 2017: Newton Rho nodes are taken offline and moved to JICS
- August 11, 2017: Monster node integrated into ACF
- July 28, 2017: One Rho chassis and Sigma chassis taken offline from Newton and moved to JICS
- July 26, 2017: ACF began with Beacon partition, application for accounts opens
- July 3-25, 2017: Beacon down for OS upgrades and conversion to ACF
- July 7, 2017: Newton Monster node was taken offline